Welcome to the Ethics review
CILIP Ethics Review was launched at the CILIP Conference 2017 in Manchester in July. The aim is to launch a new Ethics Framework for the information profession by the end of 2018 and present a draft to the CILIP conference in Brighton on 4/5 July 2018.
Over the next year there will be a Big Ethics Conversation engaging all parts of the information profession. It will include workshops, a survey and a social media campaign. The focus will be on an issues-based approach to ensure that any future ethical framework is grounded in professional practice rather than being a theoretical construct.
You are warmly invited to participate in the Big Ethics Conversation. You will find the following resources helpful:
- CILIP's big conversation on ethics - A blog by Dawn Finch Chair of the Ethics Committee which sets out the context, aims, and approach of the Ethics Review
- Ethics survey – The survey has now closed and basic quantitative outcomes have been published
- Ethics workshop resources – All the documentation required to run your own Ethics Review Workshop and feed into the main Review
- Reports from Ethics Review Workshops
- Project documents – Key documents, such as the Project Initiation Document, that provide parameters and direction for the project
- Existing Ethical Framework – The Introduction, Ethical Principles and Code of Professional Practice for Library and Information Professionals adopted by CILIP in 2004. Depending on the outcomes of the Big Conversation, this may still be the basis of a future Ethical Framework
Any comments or queries you may have should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org